And in case you haven't figured out the announcement yet (see Lucy's shirt), yes, I am PREGNANT! We are expecting baby #2 in May (due date the 12th).
This pregnancy has been harder in some ways (having Lucy around) and easier in some (not teaching 33 10 year olds every day). We are looking forward to adding to our family. Oh, and we are not planning on finding out the gender, just like we did with Lucy. :)
Monday, October 5, 2009
16 months... and an announcement :)
It feels as though these monthday posts are getting closer together. Is that possible?:) Our little climber is as active as ever. She loves to run and climb all over the house. Her favorite thing to do lately is to play with non-toys.
She has discovered the many cards in my wallet and loves to arrange them in her hands, then set them down one by one on the table, then pick them up and start all over again. She also loves to empty and fill containers. She can be occupied moving her crayons from a cup to their box over and over again. It's really fascinating to watch.
She is also becoming more assertive with what she wants and doesn't want. She says something to the effect of Yeah-Yeah for yes, and though she doesn't say No (thankfully!) she does emphatically shake her head when she doesn't want something. She's still not talking much though she has learned a few more signs.
She's added baby, girl, caterpillar, and candy (just in time for Halloween!) to her signing vocabulary. I'm hoping her spoken words will catch up soon. She is sleeping much better through the night now (everyone knock on wood for me!). We decided to finally let her cry it out a bit and that has helped.
We took her to her 15 month check up today (yeah, a month late, I know). The doctor said she looks super healthy. However, she weighed in at only 21 lbs. 15 oz. putting her in the 27% which wouldn't be worrisome except that she spent all of last year in the 95-98%. So we had to get her blood drawn :(.
The results came back totally normal though so she's just fine. She's 31 inches tall (57%) and her head is still nice a big!! 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Congratulations!!! How exciting! Thanks for sharing. Lucy is a real cutie! I should really try teaching Kaylee sign... it's not like it takes up alot of extra time to do so, I just don't think about it.
She's a doll! And....congrats again on your super exciting news! We are so happy for you! Hope you are feeling well (at least most of the time) :)
I should have looked at Lucy's shirt sooner! Yay! Your announcement makes sense as I think back on our conversation about child spacing at the expo (but I wasn't thinking then that you'd be pregnant that soon). Did you already know?
Yay for another baby! Congrats!
I am so excited for you. You are such an amazing mom!
That is so wonderful! How fun for you all!
Congratulations!!!!! :-)
Post a Comment