Ah, February! Here are a few of the things we did last month:
It was my turn to teach Joy School again. During the second week, we went on a field trip to the nearby fire station. The kids thought the fire truck was pretty cool. They all got little plastic hats to take home with them too.
We made a goal together in class to help the kids learn how to write their names. Here's Sammy practicing his.
Bath time - one of the kids' favorite times of day. They love playing in the water together. Even Eliza loves it. She is getting so big and is able to actually play in the water now.
For the last week in January and the first half of February, I watched two of our good friends' kids. Lucy is Lucy's age, and Charlie is 2.
We realized one afternoon while playing outside with a football that we just had to recreate the classic Peanuts situation.
But we mixed it up a bit and let Charlie actually kick the ball after we got the photo. ;)
At bedtime most days I feed Eliza and put her to bed while Spencer reads to the big kids and puts them to bed. We usually say goodnight and say prayers in Eliza's room. The camera just happened to be out this day and we snapped a pic of the girls.
And then one of the boys. :)
For the 100 Days of School, Lucy was supposed to decorate a t-shirt with 100 things on it for a fashion show at school.
So I pulled out my handy Silhouette (love that thing!!) and we discussed
what image Lucy wanted. We made a stencil with freezer paper of 100
flowers, ironed it on, and the two of us painted it with fabric paint.
Then she added the centers with markers and wrote "100 Days of
Kinder'garden'" on top. It was a really fun project to do together and I
think it turned out awesome!
It's so interesting to watch my kids interact with each other. I am so glad they have siblings. Some days they fight like crazy and I want to pull my hair out. Other days they are the best of friends. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment