Monday, May 13, 2013

Sammy's Golden Birthday!

 Sammy's golden birthday was last Friday.  He turned 3 on May 3rd.
 
A couple of days before his birthday, Grandpa and Nana Mac and Aunt Haley came over for dinner and brought him  bunch of new Thomas and Friends trains and tracks.  They also brought over cowbells and the kiddos, Grandpa, and Spencer went out on the deck and cheered for the bike racers out on the driving course behind our house.  They had a great time.  Unfortunately, I seem to have forgotten I have a camera lately and this is the only photo I got!
 
 On his actual birthday, Grandma and Grandpa Great Mac stopped by and visited in the afternoon and then Nana Manwill, Grandma Van Hoose, Aunt Julie, Uncle Aaron, and their kiddos came over to celebrate over dinner and cake. Check out the cool "3" train shirt I made him for his birthday.  :)
 
 Months ago while at Costco, Sammy saw a cake decorated with a dinosaur on it.  He decided then that that was the kind of cake he wanted for his birthday.  I found the idea for this version while searching on Pinterest.  I'm super happy with how it turned out!
 
 Sammy liked it too. :)
 
 I love this expression he made while we were singing "Happy Birthday" to him.
 
 He needed a little assist to get the candles out but he got them out.
 
He got clothes, lincoln logs, and swimming lessons from Nana Manwill, birthday money from Grandma Van Hoose and Grandma & Grandpa Great, and some fun sandbox toys from his cousins.  We gave him a couple of boy dress-ups and his own tool set.  He was one happy boy!

2 comments:

Patti said...

We had so much fun - thank you!

Patti said...

..and thanks for dinner too!