The past week and a half has been a trying one for our family. Grandpa Manwill passed away last Monday - December 1st. I actually had the priviledge of being at his bedside along with many other family members at the time of his passing. What an incredible experience that was. All week I've wondered what Grandpa has been doing and how he has been. He was an amazing person and I am a better person for knowing him.
Friday I was substituting when I got a text from my dad telling me my brother Tyler had broken his leg skiing. That night he had surgery to put a rod in his leg. He's doing well but will be on crutches for awhile.
Saturday was Grandpa's funeral. It was nice but sad. And to top it off I had a nasty cold, lost my voice, and now Spencer has it! We are blessed however. Lucy is still feeling well. And Saturday at the funeral I couldn't help but feel how much love my extended family has for each other. Life is so fragile and we are all we have for each other. Thanks for being a part of my family! Oh, this picture is of Lucy and her two second cousins, Kaylee and Peyton. Peyton is just one day older than her and Kaylee was born the first part of July. This was last Sunday at Peyton's blessing. I thought it was cute.
3 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I love that you are recognizing the positive and not dwelling on the sadness.
My condolensces to your family, especially your sweet mom and grandma.
So sad about your Grandpa. Hard to let them go, but glad that you know that they are going to a better place. Lucy is so stink'in cute.
Hey I recognize those kids.
Post a Comment