Now that it is almost Thanksgiving, I thought I'd post our Halloween photos! I just got a card reader to replace my defunct camera cord so hopefully I won't be as behind in the near future.
For Halloween this year, we dressed up as Goldilocks and the Three Bears - Papa Bear, Mama Bear, and Baby Bear. I came up with this idea last year at Halloween.
When did I finish the costumes? A couple of hours AFTER our first Halloween party.Yep. I'm on top of things (as evidenced in the fact that I'm posting Halloween pictures almost a month late).
Anyway. I think they turned out pretty cute. I found Lucy's dress at DI (yeah for DI!) and my mom made her the pinafore.Sammy's outfit was found by my super awesome friend Katie at Kid to Kid.
And Spencer and I's costumes are semi-homemade by moi. I took some basic brown sweatshirts and added cream fleece circles to the middle.There is also a cute fuzzy tail on our bums that you can't see in the pics.
And I made up the beanies. If I did it again, I'd make the ears shorter and rounder, but I'm not doing it again - so there ya go! We had a lot of fun the week of Halloween.Wednesday night our ward had a super fun Halloween party.
We had a chili cook off and lots of yummy desserts and then there was a carnival for the little kids and a haunted house for the bigger kids. Lucy loved tossing the bean bag into the ghost and knocking over the bowling pins with the pumpkin.She especially loved the games when she realized she would get a prize after playing each one!
Then they handed out prizes for everyone's costumes. She got the "Happily Ever After" prize.The next day was Spencer's school Halloween parade. We, of course, had to go or his costume wouldn't have been complete - what's a Papa Bear without Mama, Baby, and Goldilocks? Everyone ohhed and ahhhed.
Then we headed over to my dad's school where I showed off the kids too. It was fun to see some of my old junior high teachers and a friend who now teaches there. Lucy loved it too - everywhere she went she got candy!Speaking of candy, that Saturday we went trick or treating. Lucy loved it! It was raining and kind of gloomy but once she got the idea that saying "trick or treat" got her candy, she didn't notice the rain at all. After each house she'd say "more houses." It was super cute.
Holidays are so much more fun with little kids around. They receive so much joy out of the simple things in life and it's such a good reminder to look at the good, positive things we have going. I'm looking forward to Christmas this year because I'll get to see it through her and Sammy. Now to come up with next year's costumes. Maybe I'll get them done in time for all of our parties!
2 comments:
Look at you crafty Mama! Even if only a bit late ;) (I think that's what they call MST anyway??)
I so wish I could see you more often! Happy Holidays!
What a cute costume idea! Love the pics!
Post a Comment