Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sammy's 1st Haircut!

Monday morning, at the bank, I was complimented on my "cute little girl." No, Lucy was with Daddy.  She was talking about Sammy. 


I'd been contemplating cutting his hair anyway, but that kind of moved it up a bit on my to do list!  I loved his little curls, most of the time.  They were either beautiful or super fuzzy and clown-like. 


Spencer needed a haircut anyway and we wanted Sammy to get used to how the clippers sounded and felt so we cut Spencer's hair first and let Sammy watch and hold the clippers to see that it wasn't scary. 


Then it was Sammy's turn.  He wasn't scared of the clippers but he wasn't a fan of having to sit still. 


Spencer held him and we were able to get the top pretty well, leaving him with a mullet for a few minutes.  We had to take a picture of that! 


Then, after a bit more cajoling, we got the rest of him.  He wasn't too happy with us so no smiles for the "after pics." 
He looks so grown up now!

1 comment:

Shboogoo's Mommy said...

He does look more grown up. :) Elisa's little boy already had his first haircut at about 10 mo. old. Our nephew was, I think, like three years old when our stepsister finally had his cut! Yep, people thought he was a girl.