We definitely enjoyed the last weekend of summer! I took the kids to one of our favorite places - Discovery Gateway Children's Museum - the Friday before Labor Day. It was the perfect time to go there! Kids are back in school but it's too early in the year for field trips so we had the place mostly to ourselves.
Sammy learned to fly the helicopter.
And he and Lucy rolled around giant billiard balls.
The billiard balls were a part of an exhibit called Play. Honestly, it was kind of lame. You were supposed to be able to bang different balls together to make music but by the end of the exhibit, there was one ball left. Plus the lighting was horrible. Eh. The kids had fun with the ball so I guess that's what matters.
This is probably Sammy's favorite thing in the entire museum. You stick balls in the hole and it sucks them up and through a bunch of tubes. When you put the balls in the air blows out and he gets the funniest faces. :)
Lucy insisted on getting only pink balls to play with. She even climbed into a big pit to dig them all out.
This is fun too - it makes different tones depending on the board you hit.
On Labor Day, we took out the bikes and the chariot and went for a ride on the Jordan River Parkway Trail.
I've ridden the trail since I was a kid but I'd never explored the southern end of it and that's where we rode - in West Jordan, Sandy, and Draper. It was pretty and a nice ride. At the end, we played and took a bunch of pictures of the kiddos.
It was fun to see the kids interact. Sammy wanted to do everything Lucy did.
He followed her on the crazy steps.
And through the tunnel.
Lucy studied the alphabet.
So Sammy did too!
After lunch and lots of playtime, the kids were ready to go again.
It was nice to spend the day as a family. :)
1 comment:
I love the picture of Sammy with the billiard ball, Lucy with the pink ball collection, and Sammy with the alphabet. And his face is really cute when he's putting the ball in the tube too. :)
Post a Comment