I haven't blogged anything lately because, honestly, we haven't done much of anything lately! It's been a bit of a rough year so far at the Van Hoose household. Here's a little glimpse of the past 6 weeks or so.
Every couple of weeks we've gotten a decent snowstorm - and an excuse to get out and make a snowman or two!
We've also been quite sick. Sammy wasn't feeling all that well during one of our snowman days and instead of coming out to play, stayed inside and pouted! Lucy is the only one that didn't get sick at all (knock on wood!). Spencer got the flu and missed a bunch of school. Sammy had a double ear infection and was sick off and on for three weeks, and I got a stomach bug and a cold. Combine that with truly frigid temperatures (the high one day in January was 13. 13!!), and it was a miserable month. Good riddance January!
Back to the fun - we always had to get a picture of our finished creations. Do you like Lucy's pose? :)
Sammy was up for this excursion. Isn't he handsome?
They were throwing snowballs at each other during this picture.
Funny how all the snowman making happened after Daddy got home from work. I can't imagine why that would be. ;)
Love this one!
We've also had lots and lots and lots and lots of time to play inside. One day we got this giant box on our doorstep - an order from Amazon of toilet paper. The kids had so much fun playing with it! They were pretending it was the bathtub in this picture.
We also did a bit of crafting together. I had missed a GNO craft night while I was sick and enlisted the kids to help me work on the projects I missed - some cute valentine's wood decorations from Wood Connection.
I thought Sammy could handle the kiss. He did about half of it before he got bored.
Lucy was much more into things though and helped a ton. It was a nice afternoon activity for me and the kids.
Also in January, we had our big ultrasound for the new baby. This is the best picture we got of the little one as he/she wasn't really wanting to cooperate. Everything looked healthy and on track and no, we didn't find out the gender. Wait for that reveal sometime at the end of May/beginning of June! :)

1 comment:
Love the profile pick of the baby! Also, you are such a great mom doing such fun activities with your kids all the time!
Post a Comment