Now that Lucy is in school, she gets to go on the occasional field trip but Sammy doesn't. So when I found out about the free ZAP day at the Natural History Museum of Utah, I thought I'd take Sammy and Eliza on a "field trip" of our own.
We parked down the road from the museum and rode the shuttle up. That alone was super cool to Sam! Inside it was crowded but not super crazy, which was nice. You had to have tickets and they were for a specific time, which I think helped.
We looked at the bugs, animals, habitats, and geology displays first. They were really cool and interactive. Then we got to the main reason Sammy was excited to be there - the dinosaurs!
Eliza wasn't too keen on having her picture taken! This picture cracks me up!
This was the look on Sammy's face, over and over again! He was really into it!
He was also super helpful - pushing the stroller when Eliza wasn't in it, holding her hand and guiding her while she walked.
Sometimes going places with little kids is just exhausting and you sometimes wonder if it's worth it. This time, it was just a lot of fun!
The museum was really cool - I was maybe even more into it than the kiddos.
There was also a little kid area with some native animals at their level. This snake was pretty neat.
After we explored for awhile, we went out on the patio and ate our picnic lunch. There was a great view of the valley from there. I had just asked Eliza "Where's your belly?" before taking this pic. Isn't it adorable?!
Finally, a selfie to prove I was there too!


No comments:
Post a Comment